Re: bonobo-activation cache ...

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> so this sounds like doing the same thing that gconf does - ie you need
> to be running gconftool --install-makefile-rule.

It's easier to get right than the gconf case. For gconf the "make
install" magic program is actually creating the master copy of the
data. For bonobo-activation the magic program at install time is
blowing the cache so the master copy will be seen.

bonobo-activation is easier to get right because you can imagine
automatically detecting that there's a new or updated .server file,
and dropping the cache in that case.

i.e. I don't think you need an install-time "please drop caches"
command for bonobo-activation, you can probably just use stat() and
detect changes.

Havoc