Re: bonobo-activation cache ...

On 18 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> i.e. I don't think you need an install-time "please drop caches"
> command for bonobo-activation, you can probably just use stat() and
> detect changes.

	Precicely, we already do this inside the daemon; the problem is
not a coding one - the solution is trivial - just push the information to
the client. The real problem is whether it is worth me doing it. I
anticipate such resistance to any change of that scale [ adding a few
internal APIs, a new module etc. ] that it is not worthwhile me attempting
to improve bonobo-activation until this is resolved.