Re: Okay to commit? PATCH to bonobo-activation -- adds glib-gettextizesupport and migrates configure.in to meet Gnome 2.0 Porting Guiderecommendations.

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 15:24, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Miles Lane <miles megapathdsl net> writes:
> > You are right, of course.  Regarding needing the new autoconf
> > version, I am just applying the changes recommended in the
> > Gnome 2.0 Porting Guide, so I expect that all the packages
> > ported to Gnome 2.0 will require the same version of autoconf.
> > This isn't a problem, is it?
>
> IMO it's pretty needlessly annoying and raises a barrier to entry; new
> autoconf hasn't shipped in all distributions yet.
>
> Last I checked only libglade and one other package (eel or librsvg I
> think) required the new one, and they were very trivially patchable so
> they didn't require it.

In that case, someone ought to change the Porting Guide to
reflect this.  It's pretty misleading if the consensus is that
requiring the upgraded automake is the wrong way to go.

If everyone agrees, I'd be willing to downgrade my autoconf and
the modules that currently require it and then test and submit
patches.

	Miles