Re: Okay to commit? PATCH to bonobo-activation -- adds glib-gettextizesupport and migrates configure.in to meet Gnome 2.0 Porting Guiderecommendations.

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 13:37, Darin Adler wrote:
> On 12/14/01 12:00 PM, "Miles Lane" <miles megapathdsl net> wrote:
>
> > +AC_INIT(bonobo-activation, 0.9.3,
> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=bonobo-activation)
>
> This is not such a great idea, because it now means that the version (0.9.3
> at the moment) is repeated in multiple places. Can you use
> $BONOBO_ACTIVATION_VERSION here?
>
> Also, doesn't this mean the package will now require a newer version of
> autoconf? Looks pretty good otherwise, although you shouldn't commit until
> you find out why you are unable to build bonobo-activation.

Thanks, Darin.

You are right, of course.  Regarding needing the new autoconf
version, I am just applying the changes recommended in the
Gnome 2.0 Porting Guide, so I expect that all the packages
ported to Gnome 2.0 will require the same version of autoconf.
This isn't a problem, is it?

On further exploration, I find that the values for all the VERSION
variables are not getting set.  I don't know why.  Maybe
AC_INIT_AUTOMAKE is causing the environment to get lost?  I have
not found any good explanation for this, yet.

Anyhow, I'll keep on working on the patch until I get this solved.
Then, I'll resubmit it.

Thanks for the feedback,

	Miles