Re: Okay to commit? PATCH to bonobo-activation -- adds glib-gettextizesupport and migrates configure.in to meet Gnome 2.0 Porting Guiderecommendations.
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Miles Lane <miles megapathdsl net>
- Cc: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>, Gnome Components <gnome-components-list gnome org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- Subject: Re: Okay to commit? PATCH to bonobo-activation -- adds glib-gettextizesupport and migrates configure.in to meet Gnome 2.0 Porting Guiderecommendations.
- Date: 14 Dec 2001 18:24:23 -0500
Miles Lane <miles megapathdsl net> writes:
> You are right, of course. Regarding needing the new autoconf
> version, I am just applying the changes recommended in the
> Gnome 2.0 Porting Guide, so I expect that all the packages
> ported to Gnome 2.0 will require the same version of autoconf.
> This isn't a problem, is it?
IMO it's pretty needlessly annoying and raises a barrier to entry; new
autoconf hasn't shipped in all distributions yet.
Last I checked only libglade and one other package (eel or librsvg I
think) required the new one, and they were very trivially patchable so
they didn't require it.
] [Thread Prev