Re: [sigc] Re: [gtkmm] Bringing Bonobo to the masses :)

> ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:

> > > Yes, but isn't Bonobo something widget-set independent (with default
> > > to GNOME widgets, of course)? I strongly vote for seperating the
> > > GUI-dependent stuff into its own shlib, or whatever.
> >
> > This is something the Bonobo-- developers will have to decide on. If we
> > want to wrap Bonobo implementations consistent with gnomemm (which is the
> > whole point), we will have to depend on gtkmm. You could separate a bonobo
> > implementation into non-X-specific and X-specific parts (the later
> > implementing stuff like Bonobo::Control or Bonobo::UIHandler), but for
> > bonobomm this wouldn't make sense since when you use Gtk::Object, you
> > already depend on gtkmm, which in turn depends on gtk+.
> >
> I see - I better had taken a closer look ;-). Can't we push the gtk+
> people to seperate their sig/slot/object thingy out into a seperate

The signaling system is not in glib as far as I can tell. It is tightly
bound to the gtk runtime instanciation tree with containers/children.
so you cannot push it into the GObject system which has no notion of
such a runtime container/child relationship.

Mathieu