Re: [gtkmm] Bringing Bonobo to the masses :)

ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:

> On 14 Sep 2000, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
>
> > I personally think that if we managed to design a good GTK+ mapping
> > for CORBA, we could actually do the same and I would love being able to
> > reimplement the bonobo interfaces all the time The main reason is that
>
> Someone mentioned working on a GtkObject-based ORBit IDL compiler
> frontend. What happened to that?

Many people have proposed this idea, including Miguel, me, George and
Mathieu at various times, but no one has done it yet. I would really
love to do it if no one beats me to it. My design would probably
target GNOME 2.0 and be based on the new GObject in glib 2.0, rather
than GtkObject.

 - Maciej