Re: [gtkmm] Bringing Bonobo to the masses :)

Karl Nelson <kenelson ece ucdavis edu> writes:

> > Hi,
> >
> > It's became clear to me that due to university duties, I will be unable to
> > start working on Bonobo-- and keep on working with MonkeyBeans. This means
> > two things: first, I will have to choose one to work on. Second, some help
> > would come very handy. Please read these two short descriptions of both.
> > (please note that `Bonobo' means `the Bonobo infrastructure' and
> > `GNOME Bonobo implementaton' means `the C implmenentation
> > and the GtkObject-based API')
>
> Hmm, doesn't anyone have any reponses to this?  Cactus is wulling to spend
> his time wrapping bonobo for use with gtk-- if he can find a certain
> level of support as in fellow interested developers, bug testers and
> users.   If you don't want him to spend his time else where we
> need to give it a good response with some messages on the mailing list.

I am willing to use, test (can you do one without the other when
talking about libs?) and do some minor coding (at the time the Design
is obvious).

Project this will be used in: genSQL.sourceforge.net

> This has not been the first time a developer has proposed something
> written a first version and no one has seemed to notice, but we need to
> do better than that or gtk-- will be a stand alone library forever.

Sad but true...

BTW: [Add] anybody heard about ucxx yet (@ SF)? It's a plugin
architecture using libsigc++ to some extent.

> Can we at least get 5 messages on the list to say "Yes, this interests
> me I am willing to discuss it on some mailing list"  or "No, Cactus
> you better just keep working on MonkeyBeans" ?

Here it is: YES, GO for Bonobo--.

And Karl: What about integrating the next my threading code into sigc++ CVS?

Andy

PS: You can delete sigc++ from Cc: field, if desired/appropriate...
--
Andreas Rottmann     | Dru ICQ      | 54523380 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725   | A-1080 Wien  | Austria      | Europe