Re: `stringlist params' in GNOME::ObjectFactory::create_object

Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com> writes:

> Good thinking.  I have wanted to do this for a long time.
>
> That initialization string list is really obviated by the existance of
> Monikers now.

Actually, it would still be nice to have some solution for passing
arguments to objects at initialization time. For example, if we ever
wanted something like pOuterUnknown in Microsoft COM [hint: we really
need it to be truly language-neutral], we would need this
functionality. Right now the only way to pass arguments at object
creation time is to define a custom factory interface, and that just
plain sucks.

However the stringlist solution is both broken as designed and
impossible to use currently (since OAF doesn't expose it in it's
actvation API), so we may as well remove it until someone can design
and implement a better solution for this problem.

Monikers don't really have any relation to this at all, as far as I
can tell.

 - Maciej