Re: ServiceInfo, service stereotypes, etc.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Elliot Lee wrote:

> I skimmed through all the various msgs, and it seems to me that the
> requirements so far are (a) having OAF aware of services (b) being able to
> use QI to determine whether an object supports a service.

Why is (b) needed? If you want to do something to an object, just QI on
the interface you want to operate with. I think it's pointless to refuse
to do InterfaceFoo::MethodBar on an object if it implements InterfaceFoo,
but doesn't implement the whole ServiceSheBang.

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus cactus rulez org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key