Re: The XServiceInfo interface ...

Michael Hoennig "(mi)" <mi sun com> writes:

> > I always thought it was a bit silly, `I' is more clear, IMO.
>
> But it would be stupid to change all OOs interface just because of that.

Oh yeah, that was a general comment. I think single-letter prefixes
are not so great in general.

> > However, surely you will be adopting the convention that the module
> > names are part of the type name. Should Bonobo::Whatever end up as:
> >
> > BonoboXWhatever
> > XBonoboWhatever
> > BonoboWhatever
>
> I would go for "BonoboXWhatever" - though we'll need another module level
> anyway. We are not speaking about a few dozen interfaces anymore, but
> probably about hundred.

I must say, renaming everything to put X's on would be even sillier
than the studlyCaps renaming. Since the API will break anyway due to
modules, surely a removal of the X's could be effected by a simple
script.

 - Maciej