Re: Querying oaf of the interfaces a component implements ?

On 16 Oct 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I disagree, this list should be exhaustive. There are CORBA servers
> out there with associated oafinfo files that don't inherit from
> Bonobo::Unknown at all, and I can think of various kinds of Bonobo
> object browsers that would want to leave those out, since they can't
> be memory managed in a generic way. There's really no harm to being
> exhaustive, and I recommend that people make their lists complete.

And what if someone changes the parents of an inherited-from interface
(not that that ever happens), then we have to go edit all the .oafinfo
files. Maintainance nightmare.

The interface repository exists for getting an exhaustive list and doing
other introspection-type things. OAF info is for for activation-related
info.

-- Elliot
DEAR IRS, Please cancel my subscription.