Re: Querying oaf of the interfaces a component implements ?

Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com> writes:

> On 16 Oct 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
> > I disagree, this list should be exhaustive. There are CORBA servers
> > out there with associated oafinfo files that don't inherit from
> > Bonobo::Unknown at all, and I can think of various kinds of Bonobo
> > object browsers that would want to leave those out, since they can't
> > be memory managed in a generic way. There's really no harm to being
> > exhaustive, and I recommend that people make their lists complete.
>
> And what if someone changes the parents of an inherited-from interface
> (not that that ever happens), then we have to go edit all the .oafinfo
> files. Maintainance nightmare.

If it makes changing the inheritance graph of IDL interfaces more
painful, then that's a point in favor. :-)

> The interface repository exists for getting an exhaustive list and doing
> other introspection-type things. OAF info is for for activation-related
> info.

I don't see how you can use the IR to get an exhaustive list of the
interfaces that a Bonobo component provides. Maybe you can enlighten
me? I don't think the IR knows about query_interface.

 - Maciej