Re: Querying oaf of the interfaces a component implements ?

on 10/16/00 4:15 PM, Elliot Lee at sopwith redhat com wrote:

> And what if someone changes the parents of an inherited-from interface
> (not that that ever happens), then we have to go edit all the .oafinfo
> files. Maintainance nightmare.
>
> The interface repository exists for getting an exhaustive list and doing
> other introspection-type things. OAF info is for for activation-related
> info.

The part of this that I find unacceptable is the subjective question of
which interfaces are important enough for oafinfo. This requires each
.oafinfo file author to be able to see the future and know which are the
"important" interfaces for deciding what to activate.

I think that's asking too much from these developers, especially since
there's no document that says which are important.

The rule you suggest (only list activation-related interfaces) may be better
than Maciej's (list all interfaces), except you haven't said anything about
which interfaces are activation-related. Leaving that as an exercise for the
oaf user may seem like a good idea to you, but it seems like the road to
non-working chaos to me.

    -- Darin