Re: More namespacing woe ...

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:

> Dude, given that we can't even manage to match moniker protocol names
> with those for gnome-vfs modules, I wouldn't go praising our level of
> communication.
>
> But the main point here is about all those hundreds of thousands of
> people who will be writing their own applications if GNOME becomes a
> successful platform. I don't think having all of them on this mailing
> list scales.

In addition to this, those hundreds of thousands of people will use our
code as examples on how to do stuff and when you thing you can go without
UUIDs because it works for you, these people will do the same.

And if you even use your interface name as your component's OAFIID, then
I can't help you anymore, then you're _asking_ for trouble.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)