Re: [GNOME VFS] - where to put bonobo module...

> [Side note to people who write monikers that duplicate gnome-vfs
> functionality - can you please use the same protocol name and syntax
> for things like "tar:" and "gzip:" so the gnome-vfs and moniker
> namespaces are not gratuitously different?]

Can you post a list of the way the various handlers in the VFS work?
I had the impression that the parsing was inspired by Jakub/Pavel's
work on the MC VFS, but I might be wrong.

If you post the list that would be useful.

Like, for instance, the tar stuff in the VFS I believe is done by
*appending* "utar:" at the end of the moniker string.

> I'm also not so sure about the "fully extensible"; many of the
> monikers currently in bonobo have their IIDs hardcoded in
> bonobo-moniker-util.c, meaning there's no way they can be replaced if,
> e.g., I wanted an http moniker that did not hardcode EBrowser as the
> HTML control but rather followed some sort of user preference, or used
> an image viewer instead of a browser to view images, or other crazy
> things like that.

Implementation detail that can be replaced later.

> (Interestingly, the http moniker in bonobo hardcodes an IID for a
> control and a name for a storage module neither of which are provided
> with bonobo, meaning that the http moniker is broken as shipped unless
> you install gtkhtml, meaning the circular dependency is still there,
> even if it's not a build-time dependency; of course, it will also
> gratuitously fail on a request for any interface but Stream and
> Control so maybe it's just not done enough yet to consider these kinds
> of issues).

All the moniker handlers is still a work in progress.  We are aware of
this issue, and it will get solved at the proper time.  I dont think
the circular runtime dependency is too bad right now, specially given
that it is a work in progress.

Miguel.