Re: [GNOME VFS] - where to put bonobo module...

> That would make it impossible to, for instance, add a moniker
> implementation to Bonobo that uased gnome-vfs, or indeed to make any
> module that bonobo depends on use gnome-vfs, or we'd run into circular
> dependencies. Since Bonobo depends on gnome-libs and gnome-libs will
> depend on gnome-vfs for GNOME 2, this would actually become a problem
> in practice.

The moniker itself wouldn't depend upon gnome-vfs strictly. It would only
call bonobo_stream_open_full() with the "vfs" driver which can be
anywhere. If you don't have gnome-vfs installed, it wouldn't work, but it
wouldn't add a dependency. This is what we do with the http moniker now.

Joe