Re: Oaf IDL re-structuring ...

Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com> writes:

> > > For non-GUI stuff that belongs elsewhere, I groan. :)
> > >

> > GNOME does not necessarily imply GUI.
>
> Well, it implies "user environment" to a lot of other people, self
> included... OAF is far removed from the user environment.

It's a user environment and a development platform. Some parts of the
platform happen to be usable mostly independent of it, which is a nice
bonus. At least that's my POV.

> I suggested GNU:: - is that not suitable?

I don't think it's horribly bad - I just like "GNOME::" better. I
think of OAF as part of the GNOME project more often than I think of
it as part of the GNU project.

> I will need to bug you about this on IRC - perhaps there is a reason for
> the change that I am missing.

I'm willing to talk about it on IRC. The only reason I am looking at
changing things is Michael's very much correct pointing out that we
can't stomp all over the top-level IDL namespace. I think given that,
limiting ourselves to just GNOME:: and Bonobo:: is pretty reasonable;
I might even argue for having only GNOME:: and putting bonobo
interfaces in GNOME::Bonobo::, but it seems perfectly fine to have
two.

 - Maciej