Re: one more stupid patch.

Hi Mathieu,

On 23 Nov 2000, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> As maciej said: I have to parse the files separatly so, I need real
> IDL file, not only bits of IDL declaration.

        Sure; I suspected that was the case.

> Also, we should be thinking about the day when someone wants to
> implement a bonobo component with the IDL: this will happen and this
> is the kind of detail which makes it possible: just compile the
> bonobo-control.idl file.

        Sure.

> > the #pragma inhibit stuff does not matter.
>
> yes, and I am not really willing to do the #pragma stuff: it would
> require quite some testing: I will probably do it later.

        The #pragma inhibit stuff is evil anyway; I don't want it all over
the idl if it is at all possible to avoid, and I see no reason for it.

        Anyway; the patch is nice Mathieu; please commit when you like.

> As a side note, parsing the IDL files to feed data to the IR is not
> the niocest thing you can dream of. I was toying with the idea of
> reusing mozilla's typelibs but this will wait till I really need it.

        I am working on a rather more cunning ( Elliot thinks slow
:-) type based marshaling scheme #2, the first version was too clever by
half. Anyhow, it should give a nice win for scripting languages,
performance, stub size, cache locality, orb complexity, the price of oil
etc.

> So, may I commit ?

        Yes, please do.

        Thanks,