Re: Oaf names & file structure

> Jody, if you have any particular needs for component activation in
> Gnumeric, I'd love to talk about it sometime and make sure a solution
> is, or will be, available. The same goes for Evolution or any other
> major GNOME program.

The issue is not to address specific cases.  Jody showed a sample case
where you want to use a specific implementation, and where the query
system would not cut it.

I am sure in the future there would be other instances of this.  This
is such a common used mechanism that activating by component ID is
something wildely used in the Microsoft world, and it should be
possible to do so in a way that is simpler than keeping track of those
huge UUIDs.

miguel.