Re: Namespacing issues ...

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Yes, good idea.
>
> The biggest problem with non-namespaced oafinfo filenames is what will happen
> if we ever get two html-editor.oafinfo's - this'd become a nightmare for all
> packaging folks and also for all people who try to compile the second one from
> source while the first on is already installed in their system.

They face the exact same problem for multiple executables. Usually the
problem is solved by renaming one or the other, or installing in
different prefixes. Maybe we will want to reconsider this for GNOME 2,
but I really don't want to revise things for GNOME 1.4, given the
impending release date.

> > Yes. I still think it's loathsome, and in particular I think the
> > arbitrary process by which the decision was made was reprehensible,
> > but I will try to do it to OAF before GNOME 1.4. I haven't had time to
> > do it myself yet, but I'll take a patch.
>
> Can't this be done just with a nice perl script ?

I never run a script on my code without checking the results manually.

 - Maciej