Re: Namespacing issues ...

Hi Maciej,

On 18 Nov 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I don't plan to remove the UUID portion, so memory is not really an
> issue.

	I don't understand this sentence; I hope I misconstrue it when I
enterpret it as:

	"I'm not going to change anything" =>
	"your concerns / discussion is invalid".

> I don't think namespacing will substitute for unique IDs. There's
> going to be a lot more different components than different IDL
> interfaces, ultimately, so using the IDL namespacing approach is not
> really good enough.

	Um; and yet you think using the IDL type namespacing for
.oafinfo's will mean there are never any clashes ? All my arguments can be
reduced to consistancy; lets have 1 naming scheme for all IDL / impls /
oafinfo directory structure; then people will understand it instantly.
Oh; and it will be possible to hand type, remember, eye validate etc.