Re: Namespacing issues ...

Michael Meeks <michael helixcode com> writes:

> > I don't want to start another flameware here, but this looks like you
> > now want to get studlyCapsification everywhere in GNOME through the
> > backdoor ..... ?
>
>         I don't want studlycapsification 'everywhere in GNOME' I want the
> same naming convention to be used across all of our _Idl_. I dislike
> stdlycaps in normal C method names [ as previously discussed ad nauseum ],
> but consistancy across the component model is important. This was just
> pointing out that if you are doing a load of IDL related perl scripting
> anyway; now might be a good time =)

That's exactly what I feared during this whole studlyCaps debate - that we'll
now get IDL renamings _all over GNOME_ through the back door.

I hate studlyCaps even in IDL and I never thought that there'll ever by
studlyCapsed IDL in any baulig-maintained code - but Dude, that's exactly what
you have reached now - consistancy with the rest of our IDL is much more
important for me than my personal dislikings

/me does the we-are-all-monkeys dance, turns the volume control of his CD
player to 100% and starts to studlyCaps his IDL ....

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)