Re: oaf style.

Michael Meeks <michael@helixcode.com> writes:

> Hi Maciej,
>
> On 28 May 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > Looks mostly good, some comments below on minor issues.
> >
> > > -   if (ev->_major != CORBA_NO_EXCEPTION) {
> > > +   if (ev->_major != CORBA_NO_EXCEPTION)
> > >             goto out;
> > > -   }
> >
> > Please don't do that, I like to have even single-line if consequents
> > in curly braces.
>
> 	Hmm, the rest of the module is not like that, I was attempting to
> homogenise the style, in fact there is only 1 other goto error case that
> does this out of many. I would tend to agree with Linus' CodingStyle:
>
> ... the supply of new-lines on your screen is not a renewable resource
> (think 25-line terminal screens here), you have more empty lines to put
> comments on...
>
> 	Fixed anyhow.

I haven't had time to go over all the code and fix it; unfortunately
GNU indent doesn't seem to have an option for this particular matter
of style taste. The reason I like things this way is because otherwise
when someone adds a second statement to the if consequent, he is more
likely to screw it up.

 - Maciej