Re: Bonobo requires a new toolbar widget.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 06:36:35AM -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> Martijn van Beers writes:
>  > If your toolbar is too big for your window, it simply means your UI
>  > design isn't all that great, and you better rethink some of it.
> So it is better UI design to forbid people from making the window
> thin?  I don't understand.

Well, if you have a huge toolbar, that is certainly a problem, since
a toolbar buttons are supposed to be shortcuts. There's only so
many shortcuts a person can remember, so you definitely don't want
too many of them.

And yes, you probably want to protect users from themselves if they
want to resize their windows to something insanely small.

--
Martijn van Beers  <martijn@earthling.net>

'Don't worry if it sounds odd. Believe me, you are talking to
someone who has seen a lot of stuff that is odd. And I don't
mean biscuits.' --- Arthur Dent