Re: Bonobo requires a new toolbar widget.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 10:25:41PM -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
>     2. It needs to handle the situation where there is not enough
>        window space to display all the toolbar children.  Whether this
>        is by using the combo box trick or something else, we need a
>        solution to this problem.  Andersca's coolbar code might be
>        usable here.

I think this is a really bad idea. It suffers the same problems as having
a notebook with scrolling tabs. Toolbars are supposed to provide
quick access to often-used features, so you don't have to navigate the
menus for them. So, yes. having the toolbar be too big is a problem.
Solving it by hiding the items somewhere else is not the solution though.

If your toolbar is too big for your window, it simply means your UI
design isn't all that great, and you better rethink some of it.

--
Martijn van Beers  <martijn@earthling.net>

'Don't worry if it sounds odd. Believe me, you are talking to
someone who has seen a lot of stuff that is odd. And I don't
mean biscuits.' --- Arthur Dent