Bonobo requires a new toolbar widget.

    Actually using Bonobo in real applications is making it extremely
obvious that we need a new toolbar widget.  Ettore suggested that I
write up a list of what I saw as the requirements for the new toolbar
widget.  If it isn't going to take too much time, we should implement
it.

    1. The ability to handle objects which are inserted and removed at
       run-time.  This means it needs to relayout the toolbar whenever
       its child count changes.

    2. It needs to handle the situation where there is not enough
       window space to display all the toolbar children.  Whether this
       is by using the combo box trick or something else, we need a
       solution to this problem.  Andersca's coolbar code might be
       usable here.

I'd also like to put to rest the idea which comes up everytime
toolbars are mentioned here -- namely that we throw away all the
merging code for toolbars and just allow people to put arbitrary
controls into docks.

    While we *must* provide a way of accessing the dock, we also need
the merging functionality.  Microsoft supports it (Outlook uses it
extensively; it's probably used elsewhere too), Delphi supports it,
and I think JavaBeans supports it.

Nat