Re: gettext domain(s) and Bonobo

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 09:29:22AM -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> >  I looked at gnome-ui-handler.c in the gnome-libs HEAD branch. It did
> > not change by much. As before, labels and hints are translated at the
> > very last moment -- right before calling (or in the arg of)
> > gtk_accel_label_new, gtk_toolbar_append_element, and
> > gtk_object_set_data.
>
> The whole problem is fixed by fixing gnome-ui-handler in bonobo to
> translate before it sends the information to its container
> application.

 I understand that and tried it at home. But it would also require
setting locale in component to locale in container and, also, domain
and in component.

 I just noticed that there are parts in gnome-ui-handler that not
CORBA/Bonobo specific and that they can be moved into new gnome-libs.
I also noticed that translation can be done within that part and, as a
result, you will handle translations(and some other things) in one
place --- libgnomeui. In fact, libgnomeui itself can become a bit
cleaner this way.

    Sergey