Re: gettext domain(s) and Bonobo

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Sergey I. Panov wrote:

> I think that domain problem is even bigger --- e.g. if gill object
> is plugged into abiword, then, when menu is replaced by gill menu
> we will loose translations. E.g. when I insert image or mines component
> in gnumeric it still searching gnumeric domain:

>  There should be some way to pass gettext domain and use
> dgettext(COMPONENT_DOMAIN, str) for strings translation.

The way that I have been using so far (and the way that seems to work
best) is just to have the text translated at the source of the text.
Before passing text to gnumeric, the mines component should translate it.

-- Elliot
"You can divide our industry into two kinds of people: those who want to
go work for a company to make it successful, and those who want to go work
for a successful company." -jwz