Re: Bonobo dependencies ...

> No, I didn't take these comments as sneering at all. I was addressing
> Miguel's repeated assertion that somehow this whole thing is a non-issue
> since the mime tables are "easily parsable" and duplicating the logic
> that does it or using the old deprecated code is trivial.

The mime info file is easily parseable, because, well, it is the exact
same file format.  As in, exact.

I am not talking about the keys file, because, well, the keys file is
not even part of this argument.  The only function being used is the
"filename to mime type conversion" and that is fully contained in:

gnome-vfs/data/mime/gnome-vfs.mime

What is stopping us from replacing the one in gnome-libs with this
one?  I really dont see anything in that file that can not be parsed
by the old code base.  Absolutely nothing.

That would achieve not only correctness, but requires no code changes,
and allows me to remove the GNOME VFS dependency.

Miguel.