Re: bonobo-hello

Hi,

On 21 Apr 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> It's much like sample-container but more functional (it can handle
> controls as well as embeddables for instance), and coded in a much
> cleaner style (nice GtkObjects for everything instead of the "let's
> make a random floating struct" style of sample-container.

	Great; I read some of the code and I like the look of it. Clearly
we would want to have 'GUI 1' defined by default. Whilst the code is nice
I think it is considerably less functional than sample-container; before
we do anything hasty with sample-container I would like to see the
following in bonobo-hello:

	a) A menu to allow testing of menu merging
	b) A toolbar to allow testing of toolbar merging
	c) Move the load / save to a per component control; it is not
quite clear to which controls they apply.
	d) Add print preview support ( this is a very fast and useful way
to test printing support ).

> I agree with killing, for instance, sample-server.c and
> test-container.c. However, this is as far as I know no better
> replacement for sample-item.c. It would be good to at least move it to
> samples/ where someone can see it and clean it up.

	I wholeheartedly agree; it would be good to move these hacks
collectively to a quiet and lonely directory so that we can blow them away
quietly later [ perhaps bonobo/obsolete ] and so they don't link every
time I build bonobo and slow me down =)

> The "good" part is more important than the "lots of" part, IMO. :-)

	=)