Re: Splitting GUI and non-GUI parts of bonobo

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:

> Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:
>
> > > sense in a GUI context. However, some of these are more like models
> > > than like controllers, views or delgates. For instance, the
> > > Bonobo::Embeddable interface in some ways serves as the model for
> > > associated Bonobo::Views.
> >
> > 	In that case, isn't libbonobo-control as inaccurate as
> > libbonobo-delegate?  (My understanding of a delegate is that is it merely
> > a combination of control and view)
> >
> > 	If models *and* views/controllers/delegates will be part of the
> > gui library, why not just name it libbonobo-gui?
> >
> > --Derek
>

> The "control" in that phrase does not refer to the MVC concept of
> "Controller"; it refers to the Bonobo::Control interface which is the
> basis for most of the GUI/embedding type functionality in Bonobo.
>
> I considered the name libbonobo-gui (or libbonobo-ui) but I don't
> really like them.

/me votes for libbonobo-gui

I guess you will want to put inside the Bonobo::Canvas stuff
(I definitely need to look at this piece of code) which has nothing to do
with controls and you don't know what will happen in the longer term.
Conclusion: gui makes more sense than control.

Delegate is everything but understandable. (/me has not read the link)

regards,
Mathieu

--
Mathieu Lacage, mathieu@gnu.org