Re: Sodipodi can be seen from Gnumeric!

> The real question is: what would be the semantics of activation ?
>
> Do you want to activate the compoennts only if you cliked in the
> shaped part ?
>
> Or if you click in the component bounding box ?

These are all good questions.  And I do not know what makes more sense
here.

But lets take the "simple" approach for now: You have to click on the
actual shape.

The next problem to tackle is: Who does the editing?

	a. The container provides "editing handles" on selection for
	   the bounding box.

	   Pros: easy to hack;
	   Cons: This might limit the component features (like, if the
	         container does not know how to rotate or skew, the
	         feature is not available)

	b. The container just passes all events to the embedded object
	   while it is active (ie, it disables his own "event" handler
	   during this state).

	   Pros: Provides all the editing facilities of the embedded
	   component.

	   Cons: Every shaped component needs to implement editing
	   facilities.

	   Although this might be fixed by having a "helper" piece of
	   code in Bonobo that would provide basic editing to
	   shaped objects, something like:

		bonobo_canvas_item_make_editable (my_item);

	   And it would provide basic editing facilities on the
	   object.

Ideas?

miguel