Re: [Openicc] d-bus in CUPS server?

Am 14.01.11, 11:04 -0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
On 14 January 2011 10:57, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku b gmx de> wrote:
cupsdRegisterColorProfiles() appers to be acting in
server side code. So the desktop d-bus messages are supposed to
hook really into CUPS server?

No. The session talks to colord, and cups talks to colord. cups only
needs to talk to a system activated well known system bus name, and
we're assuming both colord and cups are trusted. We only assume the
session is hostile, as if you have hostile code running as uid 0 you
have bigger problems than what color comes out of the printer.

lpr and root fiddling, which users profiles to choose from?

I've got a bit architecture plan on a whiteboard in my office, which
I'll be uploading either as ascii art or an svg in the near future.

You might come up with specific use cases first. Currently I see only "print through profile" adressed without an idea how to create that profile and some more open questions (see above).

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org