Multiple profiles for a single screen

Hello,

my display supports hw calibration (in MS Windows only) and it is
possible to switch the modes using a hw button on the panel.

Due to lack of support for communication of the display modes to X.org,
GCM gets not informed on change.

The problem arises when I try to profile various modes - GCM simply
overwrites the last profile (provided that it was created on the same
date).

Would it be possible to add a user-defined text to the ICC profile name
(both filename and metadata) to avoid overwriting of profiles?

Regards,
Milan