Re: Multiple profiles for a single screen

On 27 November 2010 20:03, Milan Knížek <knizek confy volny cz> wrote:
> my display supports hw calibration (in MS Windows only) and it is
> possible to switch the modes using a hw button on the panel.

Sure, I've got a monitor that can do the same.

> Due to lack of support for communication of the display modes to X.org,
> GCM gets not informed on change.

Does the EDID change?

> The problem arises when I try to profile various modes - GCM simply
> overwrites the last profile (provided that it was created on the same
> date).

Yes, I'm aware of this. It's not optimal.

> Would it be possible to add a user-defined text to the ICC profile name
> (both filename and metadata) to avoid overwriting of profiles?

Ideally, we would detect the edid changing and use something from that
to key the value. I'm not super keen on asking the user for a
description, but better ideas welcome.

Richard.