Interoperability of GCM?

Hello,

since GCM is getting more into business of the central repository of ICC
profiles for other applications, how does it stand from the viewpoint of
interoperability between various desktop environments?

I use mainly Gnome or GTK based apps (EoG, UFRaw, GIMP, CinePaint) but
also digiKam (KDE) for archive management.

If GCM is dependent on Gnome libs, I wonder if e.g. digiKam developers
will be willing to implement support for GCM.

Regards,

Milan Knížek
knizek (na) volny (tečka) cz
http://www.milan-knizek.net - O linuxu a fotografování