Re: Multiple profile device support

On 26 May 2010 09:56, Daniel P. Berrange <dan berrange com> wrote:
>  * A scanner can be in reflective media (paper) or transparent
>   media (film / slides) mode. Each mode has potential for multiple
>   profiles particularly for type of film

Point taken. So it does make sense to have the multiple-profile /
device selector for all device types.

> NB, for scanners you can have 2 defaults. Since the scanner program
> knows whether its doing transparencies or reflective media, it will
> want a default profile for each mode, along with other non-default
> choices for each.

Sure, that's exactly what the "options" hint is supposed to allow.
We've not specified the allowed values for the hint, although sticking
in something like "transparency" should probably change the /order/
(and thus also the default) of the profiles returned.

Richard.