Re: Multiple profile device support

Richard

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 09:29 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Why might we want more than one profile for a device?
> Now, the DBus interface and the device-profiles configuration already
> supports multiple profiles for each device, just not the UI. If you
> guys have any other use cases for more than one profile for a device
> then I'm interested.

I have one to think about. I am racking my tiny mind to see how this
would fit in with gcm! My camera profile is associated with an image!

I have a Nikon D700, I thought other Nikon cameras took similar views.
Each image has a profile associated with it according to the conditions
under which the photograph was taken.

I agree that five or six profiles will probably cover me for most of my
work. But each image has a profile built in it. Do I need this or should
the application be using this as a offset to a base profile?

I have to say that currently most applications appear to show colour
very well, once I have gcm setup. I just thought I would ask the
question as to what should happen.

--
Paul Finnigan