Re: Adding device profiles

On 20 May 2010 18:12, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
> Well, since Nautilus already depends on libexif12 and libexempi, those
> would be the obvious candidates.
>
> That way GCM won't pull in extra dependancies...

Sure, libexif gets us jpeg files working. I've added that just now,
thanks. libexempi looks less useful unless you can parse the XMP data
out of the RAW files, see below...

> Well, I could be mistaken but libopenraw is extremely unfinished and
> doesn't support half of the fileformats dcraw does... Again, I haven't
> checked it recently so I could be mistaken!

Sure, I'm not so interested in the output formats, just the XMP
metadata in the file. Neither libraw or libopenraw seem to be able to
extract the metadata from the raw file. Rawstudio and ufraw seem to
use exiv2 which is written in C++, which is less than ideal (c++
compiler needed to compile GCM...). I'm not apposed to calling an
external executable for this data, but exiftool with it's huge trail
of perl deps isn't really on my wishlist.

Richard.