Re: BugSquad Meeting Minutes -- 2009-10/09

Heya :)

On 10.10.2009 22:55, Christian Kirbach wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 10.10.2009, 10:36 -0500 schrieb C de-Avillez:
>> But there's a problem: How does one get the changes
>> someone else made to a bug?
>>
>> 	hggdh to investigate on how to follow someone properly. TODO
>> 	(Bug 597962)
>
> This is rather simple. Make anyone interested in following all user
> activity watch the novice's email address. This is like standing in
> his/her shoes.

And exactly that doesn't do the trick:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email writes:
> If you watch a user, it is as if you are standing in their shoes for the purposes of getting email.
> Email is sent or not according to your preferences for their relationship to the bug (e.g. Assignee).
So it's according to *my* preferences as if *I* did a change to the bug.
And of course I don't want to receive email whenever *I* change anything
on a bug. So I won't get any email if the watchee changes a bug.

Cheers,
  Tobi