Re: a call for bugdays.

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 16:18 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> hej hej,
>
> not much feedback from you busy triagers to my email on the bugsquad
> mailing list, so i have now set you on the BCC list. ;-)
> i really want to get this thingy going because it's better for everyone
> (see my original email quoted at the end).

Oh I'm sorry i wasn't subscribed to the list, now I'm in ;-)

> so i step ahead and propose
>                    ***** wednesday, 21st of march, 2007 *****
> for a bugday in #bugs on irc.gimp.org.
>
> it would be nice if everyone could list a few hours that he could
> perhaps dedicate (this is not mandatory, but as GNOME is a worldwide
> project, a bigger variety of hours would make it easier for interested
> people to drop in and find somebody helping them).
>
> name                     || possible time (in UTC)
> andre klapper               1600 to 2000+

I can make it from 2200 to 0200 (UTC), just put my name on the list :-)

> feedback, please!! a bug"day" for only four hours is lame! ;-)

Yeah, as you said GNOME is a worldwide project and there is a lot  of
different timezones for sure is a better option to have a whole day.

> > this means:
> >       * finding willing bugsquaders and a date that most of us can agree
> >         with. i propose a few days after the release of GNOME 2.18.0 on
> >         march 14th. please also provide a basic idea of the hours (in
> >         UTC) in which you could be available, just that we know how many
> >         hours we can set this up for. see [2] for a timezone converter.
> >         we do need people around on irc to show interested newbies how
> >         to triage and how to get involved. the more, the better.
> >       * update (restructure?) http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/BugDays .
> >         if i would be potentially interested, the page does not look
> >         like something that i would like to read. let's also link to
> >         http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome so contribution-interested
> >         people realizing that triaging isn't their passion can get an
> >         idea of other opportunities how to give some love back to
> >         gnome.
> >       * http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/ could either be
> >         updated or eliminated (depending on how far the GNOME.org revamp
> >         plans for 2.18 can be realized, see marketing-list and [3]).
> >       * send an email to bugsquad, gnome-love, gnome-list and inform the
> >         marketing list - perhaps we can get somebody to make a banner
> >         for www.gnome.org (i have some people in mind here, but asking
> >         for this on the marketing-list seems more appropriate), which
> >         will have many visits right after the 2.18.0 release.

We can use or improve the old banner[1] i found it very cute. The thing
is that we are gonna have the banner of the 2.18.0 release in
www.gnome.org so putting the bug-hunt banner is not really ok i guess,
maybe we can just make noise in the planet.gnome.org that lot of people
read every day (maybe more than w.g.o).

Just my 5 cents.

1- http://www.gnome.org/img/flash/bug-hunt-wgo.png

Best Regards,