Re: Closing bugs with bad stack trace as INCOMPLETE

Andrew Sobala wrote:

Vincent Untz wrote:

I'd like us to fix this. I see two possibilities: either introduce a new
BADSTACKTRACE status, similar to NEEDINFO but only about incomplete
stack traces, or decide that it's okay for us to close the bugs as
INCOMPLETE and reopen them if the reporter comes with more details.
This second option is probably easier.

FWIW, when I did lots of triaging I used to close bad stack traces with INCOMPLETE. A good justification for this is that if you want to help by eg. installing debug packages and resubmitting a trace, the easiest way to do that is to run bug-buddy again and just submit a new bug (and this is what most reporters do anyway).

Oh, it helps if you do this to update the stock response to explicitly tell the reporter what to do. ie. file a new bug.

--
Andrew