Re: clearer bugzilla stock responses. shorter ways.

hi erik,

thanks for the input.

Am Donnerstag, den 12.10.2006, 00:04 +0800 schrieb Erik Volkman:

> On 10/11/06, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
>         also, "Can you provide us with one?" and "Can you get us one"
>         should be harmonized - i think i prefer "get" here, because
>         it's more likely that non-native speaker know the term
>         "get".[2]
>
> In terms of particular wording I think "give" might be a better choice
> than "get". It's more polite and probably easier to understand.

at least to me, "give" hides the fact that the user will still have some
work to do (e.g. installing devel/debug packages and trying to reproduce
the crash), while "get" implies this.
if i ask somebody (he) to *give* me something (it), then i imply that he
already got it. if i ask somebody to *get* me something, then he first
has to do something to get it before he can give it to me.
that's why i would prefer "get" here. :-)

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!