Re: 1000 bugreports in one day, every day

> I posted some stats about Bug-Buddy usage per GNOME version at:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/view/ovitters/2006/05/31/0
>
> I couldn't really make any conclusions about it and the comments on that
> blog also point that out (unfortunate, because I hoped someone would see
> something insightful).
>
> I did make one conclusion from these figures. I'll quote the comment I
> made on my blog:

> The only thing I find interesting is that we have nearly 30K of unique
> people getting the bug-buddy XML files in approx. one month. As they are
> starting Bug-Buddy I'd expect them to file a bug. 30K in one month is
> about 1000 bugs per day.
> We do not nearly get that amount of bugreports per day. We couldn't even
> handle that amount of bugreports.
>
> I can guess at some causes;
> - The need for sendmail

I think that accounts for everything. I can't figure out how to make
bug-buddy send its reports(I'm using Ubuntu). Sometimes I'm not sure
whether it has sent it or if it's just lost in my system somehow. I'm no
genius, but I should be able to make it work. I know nothing of sendmail,
and I shouldn't have to.

I'm sure it used to be a lot easier.