Re: Moving Evolution bugs to gnome.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 12:15:11PM -0600, Gerardo Marin wrote:
> We really want to have this accomplished in the best way for GNOME, so
> we need your feedback on GNOME needs for migration. Please let us know
> any requirements for the export/import process and the best date for
> doing it as well as any other activity on our side to make this happen.
> Hope to hear from you soon.

I'm still busy writing a script for this. It'll require two databases
and use insert statements to move the data from one database to the
other. I've used checksetup.pl to make the database structures the same.
After that the script is responsible for moving the data and updating
the references (userids, bugnrs, attachmentnrs).

It uses the next available bug# and attachment#. I've planned to update
the bugnrs and attachments mentioned in the comments.

User that do not exist in b.g.o will be automatically copied (including
password). Groups used in these bugs are recreated, access is also
copied over (but not the permissions like canconfirm/
editcomponents/..). Updating group access for existing users hasn't been
written yet.

Version details and OS details will not be copied over. OS will be
simplified.

I need some input from everyone on the following:
* Exact products to move over. Are there other products besides
  Evolution that should be moved over?
* Dependencies. Some bugs depend on bugs in other products. What should
  be done with these?
* Duplicates. Same as above, some bugs have been duplicated to other
  products. Newer Bugzilla versions keep the duplicates in a separate
  table. This table is checked for consistency by sanitycheck.cgi.
  I suggest to move the relevant bugs over to the other products. Same
  for non-Evolution bugs duplicated against a Evolution bug.
* Priority vs severity. B.x.c has critical/major/normal in the Priority
  field. This is the Severity field in b.g.o. I can move this easily
  over, but:
* Time tracking. B.x.c uses the Severity field for some time tracking
  purpose. B.g.o has no field for this. Bugzilla 2.18 (?) will have
  time tracking features, but we're at 2.16.

Thanks

--
Regards,
Olav