Re: Moving Evolution bugs to gnome.

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 17:22 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 15:58 -0600, Gerardo Marin wrote:
> > > * bug-buddy can be pretty transparent- we just add evolution to the
> > > gnome bug-buddy XML and remove it from b.x.c. Ditto the rest- those are
> > > trivial, it's just the input that is hard.
> > >
> > > You mention you've got export capabilities at this point; how far can
> > > that get us?
> > >

> > 1. Filtering Ximian-employee only bugs (the daily backup dump contains
> > everything).
> > 2. Joining Connector as an Evolution component.
> > 3. Bug renumbering at the table level (every bug_id).
> > 4. Attachment renumbering.
> >

> > Things to do before or during the import:
> >
> > 1. Import users who do not have an account on b.g.o (reported_by,
> > changed_by and owner fields). This may require some scripting since
> > there are users who have an account on both bugzillae so it needs cross
> > referencing on users.
> > 2. Change the longdescs with the new numbering since there are cross
> > references both as a duplicate or likely reports in a textual manner.
>
> There are other things we'd have to do (offhand, we probably need to
> make sure that it is complete):
>
> * map b.x.c priority to b.g.o priority and severity
> * map b.x.c resolutions to b.g.o resolutions
> * copy the URL field into a comment, if it exists

Decide on number mapping ie add 200000 to every ximian bug or something
like that (like when moving from the old debbugs systems, man, I
actually remember that).

And perhaps this is the obvious, but I'd like to ensure that all the
"resolved" bugs are kept as well so we can update the changelog
references, (and release notes, etc).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>