Re: cups printing doesn't work anymore with 2.9

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:10:23 +1100, Rod Butcher
<rbutcher hyenainternet com> wrote:
> Dunno whether this is a Gnome bug or not.. I'm running 2.9 from cvs to
> help with beta testing

Awesome, thanks for the help!  :)

> , and my cups printing stopped working, the output
> just disappears.
>
> Amongst loads of what look like routine messages
> in /var/log/cups/error_log I always get the following :-
>
> [09/Jan/2005:21:25:15 +1100] Unable to convert file 0 to printable
> format for job 22!
> I [09/Jan/2005:21:25:15 +1100] Hint: Do you have ESP Ghostscript
> installed?
>
> Any other things to look for ?
> I have gnughostscript-8.01 installed.. + latest version of cups &
> gimpprint from Mandrake 10.1... what difference should ESP Ghostscript
> make ?

CUPS, ghostscript, etc. are programs that are not maintained by the
Gnome project, so this isn't the right place to ask for help with
those.  I'm definitely no expert, but it sounds like one of those
programs is the problem.  Unless you have some kind of evidence that
suggests the error is in a Gnome program or library, I'd suggest you
try to contact the authors for one of those modules or perhaps file a
bug in mandrake bugzilla.

Cheers,
Elijah