Re: GNOME crash page

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 11:28:31AM -0600 or thereabouts, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2005 18:54:34 +0200, Einar Schlereth <eet schlereth telia com> wrote:
> > Anyhow the panel isn't popping up so it is quite difficult to work.
> > And I don't have any idea wether it is a technical defect or a question
> > of updating GNOME or a bug or worm or virus.
> > Now it is two weeks that I'm looking for help.
> > I hope that it will work now.
>
> What version of Gnome and Red Hat are you running?  What's the exact

An old one, I should think. I remember the "Please visit the Gnome
Crash Report page" from years back. It predates bug-buddy by a long
way.

You should be able to get the panel to run by typing "gnome-panel"
into a gnome-terminal whilst Gnome is running. If that doesn't work,
"panel" might work. However, if "panel" works, then you have a very
old Gnome and really should upgrade.

Telsa