Re: adding dups reporters to recipients

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 09:31, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 06:54, paolo borelli wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I was wondering if it would be possible to configure bugzilla so that
> > when a bug A is marked as duplicate of bug B the reporter of bug A could
> > be added to the list of recipents that are mailed when a modification to
> > bug B occurs.
[snip]
>    1) The majority of people who submit bugs to bugzilla (around 90-95%
>       or so) never follow up on the bugs they submit--we know because we
>       often need and ask for extra information, and very few people
>       respond to such requests.  Thus, making your change would probably
>       be an inconvenience or annoyance to most bugzilla users.  So, even
>       though this would be beneficial to the more helpful bugzilla users
>       such as yourself, we don't want to irritate the majority of the
>       bugzilla users out there.

I think Elijah's argument here is reason enough not to do this. People
who really want to get updates already can easily add themselves to the
cc line. By experience, most people don't seem to want to have much of
anything to do with a bug after they file it.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h)

"If we can survive Michael Jackson's nose, we can survive anything."
 - Zippy the Pinhead